Thursday 16 August 2018

Merge branches in VSTS in D365 FO/AX7.0

Hi, Some times we get a requirement to merge the branches

In my case I have DEV and MAIN branches. And here my source is DEV and target is MAIN.

Click on  Source control explorer.



-> right click on target branch -> Branching and Merging -> Merging

-> Select Source branch as "DEV" from the browse button and select the target branch as "MAIN".
Here I'm merging all change sets. So I selected the radio button as shown below.



-> Click on "Next" -> Here I'm merging only latest version. If you want you can change the type from the drop down




-> Click next -> finish.

Once the merging gets completed, then check-in the code back to the build server.


If you get the below error, then map the local path and repeat the same steps again.

The merge target $/DynamicsAX/Trunk/Main is not mapped.

Solution
-----------
Map a local path for the target branch(Main).
-> Click on "Not mapped"




-> Select any local folder from the browse button. (In my case I created a new folder in C driver and mapped it )



->  Click Map -> Get the objects into your local folder.

That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adding a newline into a string in C# and X++

Below is the sample code we can use for  adding a newline after every occurrence of "@" symbol in the string in C#   using System...