Add users to your Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) account and specify the level of features they can use, such as Basic or Stakeholder. These kinds of users can join your VSTS account for free:
- 5 users who get Basic features, such as version control, tools for Agile, Java, build, release management, and more
- Unlimited users who get Stakeholder features, such as working with your backlog, work items, and queries
- Unlimited Visual Studio subscribers who also get Basic features, and in some cases, additional features with specific extensions, such as Test Manager
How access differs from permissions
Access levels control which features are available to users, i.e. the full set of account resources that a user is entitled to access. Permissions then control which of these account resources the user can act on. To learn more, see Default permissions and access for VSTS and TFS
You'll need [VSTS project collection administrator or account owner permissionsQuickstart: Add administrators, set permissions at the project-level or project collection-level.
Add users to your VSTS account
Administrators can now add users to an account, grant access to appropriate tooling extensions and service access level, and add users to groups all in one view. You can add up to 50 users at once. You can add more than 50 users by repeatedly using this Users view. When you add users, each receives a notification email with a link to the account page.
Provide others access to your account by adding their email address.
- Choose , the gear Settings icon, and choose the Account Settings option.
- Choose Users and then choose Add new users to open the form.
- Fill out the form.
- Users: Enter the Microsoft account (MSA) email address for the user account. You can add several email addresses by separating them with a semicolon (;). Note that in MSAs, the email addresses display in red.
- Access level: Leave the Access level at Basic for those users who will contribute to the code base. To learn more, see About access levels.
- Add to projects: Select the project that you named in the previous procedure.
- VSTS Groups: Leave this entry at Project Contributors, the default security group for people who will contribute to your project. To learn more, see Default permissions and access assignments.
- Choose Add to complete your invitation.
Original Post: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/organizations/accounts/add-account-users-from-user-hub?view=vsts